Purchase design package
This Design Implementation service is just what you need to ensure your project is kept on track and on budget.
If you're worried that you won't have the time, energy or confidence to:
keep your design project moving forward,
to resolve issues,
purchase product in conjunction with your contractor
follow up on orders and delays,
style the spaces for the big reveal
communicate with your general contractor, and
address day-to-day decisions…
leave it to me!
I want this to be a stress-free, positive and, even, fun experience for you. So I'm dedicated to applying my organizing, diplomacy, and chase-down-details skills to ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible. You’ll receive reports and communications from me when and how it’s most convenient for you.
I always strongly recommend that you hire a trusted General Contractor. My role is not to replace your GC, but to be your representative so you can get the most enjoyment out of this project phase.
Client testimonial "Deborah is a delight to work with, she listens well and stays calm no matter what. Her diplomacy when dealing with trades and suppliers is awesome to see. The end result is the home I envisioned.
I couldn't imagine doing this without her. Thank you, Deborah, for all your patience and hard work!" - Lorraine Jones
Costs - No Surprises:
- Design service costs are fair and transparent.
- You'll receive, for your approval, a Quote and Scope of Work before we start.
- A deposit of $2500 is required and will be held in trust until we near substantial completion of your project.
- If changes or extras are added to your project, we won’t proceed beyond the quoted amount without your written approval.
- As we near the substantial completion of your project, your deposit will be applied to your final design service invoices. Any remaining amount will be returned to you when we conclude our project time together.
- Usually, this design service costs about 10% of what your costs of the portion of your project that I would be involved in (as outlined in our Scope of Work).
- You’ll be able to track your design costs in real-time throughout your project in your private online studio.
- A travel charge of 40 cents per kilometer is applied for travel (pre-approved by you) that I do on your behalf during your project implementation. When possible, I pair travel with other clients' travel, so that the cost can be divided between clients.
- Amounts for design services and travel are billed on the 15th and 30th of each month.
- I share my designer discounts with you – these savings offset and can sometimes surpass the cost of my services
Custom Design Implementation is available to you after we complete Steps 1, 2, and 3 (your Discovery Call, Design Work Session, and Full Design Service).
- It's important that your key decision-maker is accessible during your custom implementation phase.
- By communicating through the message center of our online studio we can help to ensure clarity and that details aren't missed.
- To get the most from our meeting time together, you'll need to put away your phone, schedule extra time in case we get deep into details, and arrange a babysitter if you have children. It's so important that you are free from distractions during our meetings so that we can communicate well and be certain there is clarity in all we discuss.
And that's it! With this step completed, you'll have turned your design dream into your perfect home! Share your excitement with friends during and after your project through your favourite social media.
Price includes HST.