Here’s the full picture. You'll have:
- master colour palette
- finishes, fittings, and furnishing
- and shopping lists
Imagine knowing exactly what to buy and what to do next! You’ll have easy 24/7 access to all details and documents, organized in your private online studio.
This design service includes:
- a preliminary presentation meeting
- one round of revisions, and
- a final presentation meeting
Meetings can be held in your home or another location if you are in the pre-build stage, or by video chat.
Client testimonial "From the first meeting, I knew Deborah was listening to our ideas, concerns, and hopes. She worked to create a space that's both beautiful and functional; all while respecting our budget! With an uncanny ability to hone in on our style, she also provided fresh ideas that we never would have thought of.
Deborah found the right balance of including us in decision-making but not overwhelming us with too many choices during what was a VERY busy time. As a result, we felt very much a part of the project and feel ownership of the gorgeous end-result. Deborah is a gem and a treasure to work with!" - Dr. Erin Hennessy
Costs - No Surprises:
- Design service costs are fair and transparent.
- You'll receive for your approval a Quote and Scope of Work before we start.
- A deposit of $400 is required for smaller projects, while a deposit of $900 is required for larger projects. Your deposit will be held in trust until we near substantial completion of your project.
- As we near the substantial completion of your project, your deposit will be applied to your final design service invoices. Any remaining amount will be returned to you when we conclude our project time together.
- Generally, smaller projects cost $400-$700, while larger projects cost $1600-$2500. Before we start, you’ll have an accurate quote, based on what we discussed in our Design Consultation.
- You’ll be able to track your design costs in real-time throughout your project in your private online studio.
- A travel charge of 40 cents per kilometer is applied for travel (pre-approved by you) that I do on your behalf during your project implementation. When possible, I pair travel with other clients' travel, so that the cost can be divided between clients.
- Amounts for design services and travel are billed on the 15th and 30th of each month.
- We won’t proceed beyond the quoted amount without your written approval.
- I share my designer discounts with you – these savings offset and can sometimes surpass the cost of my service.
Custom Design is available after Step 1 - Discovery Call and Step 2 - Design Consultation.
- It's important that your key decision-maker is accessible during your custom design development phase.
- By communicating through the message center of our online studio we can help to ensure clarity and that details aren't missed.
- To get the most from our meeting time together, you'll need to put away your phone, schedule extra time in case we get deep into details, and arrange a babysitter if you have children. It's so important that you are free from distractions during our meetings so that we can communicate well and be certain there is clarity in all we discuss.
This is an exciting step in turning your design dreams into awesome spaces! Share your excitement with friends through the social media icons.
If you enjoy making on-the-fly decisions, are super organized, and love handling issues that pop up, you’ll be well-prepared to carry on with your Custom Design in hand. If you’re thinking not, Step 4 is where you’ll be really happy to let me deal with all that stress.
Price includes HST. A travel charge may apply.